Detroit Sports

Thursday, February 12, 2004

Detroit tiger's offseason

This season the detroit tigers have made some incredible acquisitions. I have been so amazed how Mike I. has finally used some of his money to get some good players. They acqiured Fernando Vina a very good defensive shortstop ,Carlos G. a good hitter and fielder, Jason J. probably going to be their number one starter, and Al Levine a good middle relief man. But the player who has been the biggest signing, of course, is Ivan"Pudge"Rodriguez. He is their biggest free agent signing in the club's history. He brings leadership and puts people in the seats. Now many people don't realize that their second biggest signing was Rondell White. He had incredible stats for how little money the tigers signed him for. He had 22 home runs and 85 rbi. last year. For the tigers that would have been their second best hitter behide Dimitri Young last season. This is going to be a fun year for the tigers,but I don't expect them to contend for the division title just yet. They are 1 year away I think. They will be much improved from last year and I'm expecting them to win around 68-75 games. Hopefully I'm wrong and they can contend for the title in the weak division they are in. All I can say is that I can't wait for opening day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home